Monday, January 21, 2008

This Little Piggy....

Well, I guess I had it coming. After writing about some of my adventures raising a boy, I guess it would be inevitable that I would find out I'm having A BOY! I'm really glad, for Jack's sake, that he will have a brother and it will be fun to have another little guy running around. However, then my silly mind began thinking about all the brother combos throughout history:

Cain and Abel (let's not repeat that)
Jacob and Esau (not the greatest relationship there)
Isaac and Ishamel (can you say 3000 year Mid-East conflict?)
Laman and Lemuel (don't need to say anymore about that)

But then I thought of some others:

Nephi and Sam
Nephi and Lehi -- in 3rd Nephi (powerful prophets)
Joseph and Hyrum (brothers through it all)
Jared and the Brother of (at least my little guy will have a name people can recognize)
The Kennedys (I'm not quite sure how to categorize them actually)

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. In the meantime, I'll be adjusting to swords, guns, and cars in the place of kitchens, dolls and polly pockets.

By the way, Bret is voting for the name "Hank". He thinks it sounds very masculine and like someone you would really like. He also thinks it goes well with Jack. What do you think?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hank conjurs thoughts of Lenny in Of Mice and Men.......... I still vote for Cooper and for the record I love your "little piggy". Just think he is half way through being two!

Noah Vail said...

Hank would open up all kinds of possibilities: "tHanks a lot, you little pig!" or "He 'sHanks' another golf shot in the U.S. Open." But, I'm OK with "Hank," tHank you very much.
Another fantastic brother combination loathed by evangelicals: Jesus and Lucifer.

Jennie B. said...

Yeah! A BOY! No more barbies for Jack. Congratulations! Hank does seem like a name that Brett would like. Hank the Tank! It's already rollin off the tongue!

Avery Worthington said...

I HATE HANK!!!! That name sounds like someone whose parents do drugs. I like the name William. You could have a whole bunch of options to call him, like Will or Willy or bill or billy. Love ya

JeffnShay said...

Hank is a fantastic name. Henry is good too. I would claim it, but I have no business doing so, and I wouldn't want to mess up my karma.