Sunday, January 20, 2008

Living With a Baby Pig
















Cute, sweet-looking boy pictured above recently did the following -- in a HOUR:

Sprayed Pam cooking spray all over himself, dumped the rest of the orange juice onto the kitchen floor, and painted himself and my dresser with my eyeshadow and blush!

You might be wondering where his parents were during all this. We were cleaning up and trying to corral him! Bret said a two year-old boy could be compared to a baby pig. Baby pigs look for any opening in the fence and squeeze and squeeze until they can fit through. Little boys will look for and seize upon ANY opportunity which happens to present itself to explore something new. It goes something like this:

Hmmm, let's see what happens if I turn this container over? Interesting, the juice just falls out onto the floor! I really like that color! I think I'll stomp in it with my feet! Hmmm, now let's see what happens if I press this red button? I have no idea what this is, but my hands found it as I was randomly reaching up in order to see if there was anything neat to reach. Interesting, I am now covered with some strange, but fun, greasy stuff. Hmmm, if I climb up these drawers I can find Mom's powder stuff and use it for my latest creation. Interesting, Mom's face is turning red and she thinks I look so neat she is just staring at me without saying anything. I guess I have rendered her speechless. I should do this sort of thing more often!

All I can say is, it's a darn good thing he's cute! God certainly knew what He was doing when he made their little faces so adorable. Otherwise, my son would be living where he belongs -- in the pigpen!

2 comments:

Noah Vail said...

Hey, there's a reason demons always chose to possess pigs: it's a fun way to live! Rutting around in the mud; cramming food down your throat; grunting at will. Besides, pigs are innately brilliant; they ended up controlling the farm in Orwell's "Animal Farm." So, vive les pigs and vive l'diference!

Kim said...

Oh goodness! If (or hopefully, when) I have a boy, I know who to call. Maybe we can send all the men and boys out on an overnight caveman trip and they can take their pink guns! I am signing Justin up for it right now! He needs some good male bonding time where he doesn't have to put up with me trying to suppress my disdain for bodily humor. (I know Brett doesn't like that either, so hopefully he will mentor my hubby in that regard)It really isn't funny! Ah.... Boys will be Boys!