Sunday, January 6, 2008

Whaddya Know!

I had chest cold which eventually turned into an annoying cough I just couldn't get rid of! My Mom suggested I rub Vicks Vapor Rub on the soles of my feet and cover with socks just before I went to sleep. I was skeptical of it, but I love the smell of Vicks and, as I am pregnant and unable to take cold medication, I decided it was worth a try.

It WORKED!!!!!! It was AWESOME!! The first time I tried it, my cough improved 50% and I was able to sleep much better. The next night I applied it again and by the next day my cough was GONE!!!

I checked it out with Snopes and while it has been heard of, no one can describe the chemical reasons why it works. If anyone knows, please let me know. But for now, if any of you have a cough, I suggest rubbing some vicks on your feet and letting it go to work.

3 comments:

duff said...

YAY!!!! GO MOM---that's bad--I'm glad it worked--I hope I don't get the opportunity to try it--but then again I won't be prego and I guess I CAN take meds.
Love you

Kristin said...

Talk about a random remedy. I'll have to remember that.

Noah Vail said...

Vicks has miraculous qualities, for sure. One of my earliest memories is my mother spreading the stuff, like peanut butter, on my chest. I've never tried it on the soles of my feet, however.