Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hello, I'm God

Having a four year-old son is a little bit like living with someone with multiple personality disorder. They are constantly trying out new identities, and it can be difficult to keep up. Case in point, a while ago at breakfast I had the following conversation:

(The breakfast table was loud, as usual, so it made it difficult to hear what was being said at first)

Son: (Looking at me, but speaking with a mouthful of cereal) "I'm God"

Me: (Not knowing if I heard correctly, since it's not one of the usual Superheroes he usually claims to be.) "Who?"

Son: "You know, God. That dude who lives up in Heaven!"

I tried to maintain my composure in order to further the conversation, but I had to smile at God being referred to as, "that dude."

Me: "Okay, well what does that mean? What does God do?"

Son: "You know, He reminds people He loves them."

Out of the mouth of babes. What more can I say? Maybe we should all pretend to be God!

1 comment:

duff said...

It's about time--now for the duct tape.