Sunday, November 16, 2008

Another Weekly Round-Up

Avery asked me if I thought she should find a sneaky way to get a boy's email she thinks is cute. In my shock I told her, "No way!" and then calmed myself down enough to have a rational conversation with her about it. I think I was able to make her see that she should wait longer before doing stuff like that. She also wore a little bit of eyeliner to church today! Am I ready for this?

Addison has a real talent for playing musical instruments by ear. Her Grandpa Elvin gave her his harmonica and she has been figuring out all sorts of songs on it! I can't even come close to that! She started figuring out how to play the soundtrack to Pride and Prejudice on the piano the other day. However, as a result, she thinks she doesn't need piano lessons anymore. I'm trying to tell her she still needs to learn how to read music so she doesn't always have to wait to hear a piece before being able to play it. Any suggestions?

Sydney learned how to braid he own hair and put her own pigtails in for church today. She is my most independent kid by far.

Jack had the "binky fairy" drop by, which he wasn't too thrilled about. The binky fairy gave him a cool fake aquarium which lights up and the fish swim across. It serendipitously showed up in a D.I. pile and was just what the "fairy" had been looking for. We're on day 4 and it's going better than I thought it would.

Jack and I were talking about the movie "Chicken Little" and he asked me if he could watch "Chicken Big" instead. :)

Paige's latest new phrase is, "two minutes" which sounds more like "ooo inits" and is her answer for things like having to clean up or having to go somewhere. She wants two more minutes.

Super Cooper started eating mashed bananas this week. He seems to like them. I can't believe he is old enough!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

So many funny things! Chicken Big? That is hilarious. And eyeliner? I don't know if you are ready for that, but you are...wow...eyeliner. And Addy should definitely keep playing the piano and I love that Paige wants 2 more minutes. Sydee is a hair guru and a lot like her Aunt :)

Anonymous said...

I love the weekly round ups. I am sad that Avery wants to wear make up--she is so naturally beautiful. It must be genetic for Addy- Grandpa plays by ear and has always regretted not learning how to read music....

Suzers said...

This blog makes me laugh so hard!!! I remember when I was growing up.. just the bigger earings or a little bit of makeup I would sneak on.. made me feel soo grown up and pretty.. I see pictures now and think WHAT WAS I THINKING!!! hahaha... I love those kids! The other night they were cracking me up! You have GREAT GREAT KIDS!!! As for Addy.. she has the music talent from both sides it seems! Grandma Nunley played the piano / organ by ear as well!