Thursday, December 20, 2007

You Want me to do WHAT?!

My complaint department has informed me of a few complaints coming in concerning my lack of posts. While these complaints are valid due to my immense popularity as a blogger and prowess as a writer, I must point out that my public persona doesn't always match my private. Of course my public persona always has life together. According to the ladies in my ward, my children are the most well-behaved and most perfect children on the planet. Second, again according to the aforementioned, I am SuperMom because of homeschooling and they're just sure I make all my food from scratch daily, including growing and grinding the wheat myself, sewing my own clothes, all while my children sit quietly for hours reading, writing and expanding their minds in a peaceful and cooperative manner. Wow!

While all of that may be true (in the fantasy world I have created), life is always a little messier, and thus richer, then that. Some of you many people who read this may not know I am pregnant with baby number SIX and that Bret started a new job a few months ago. Between throwing up, taking care of children, and being single Mom because Bret's job required him to give a pound of flesh by working all day and studying all night for a monstrous test, I have been a titch busy. Please refer to my very first post for a reminder and then decrease my "free seconds" by about 100,000 and you'll understand the lack of posts on my blog.

Now that Bret has passed his test (yay, yay, yay) and my throwing up is lessening, I might be able to find a few seconds here and there to get on here. I'm hoping this will appease my fan base. If not, maybe you can come over and grind the wheat while I sit at the computer putting forth my words of wisdom profound thoughts.

You know what? On second thought, thanks for even caring or noticing.

4 comments:

duff said...

Yay! The long awaited post. Hey you forgot to mention that you learned to sew your own clothes, make your food from scratch and grind from the example of your Mother.... you do just fine and your kids are the most perfect kids on the planet and you do have many good things to say and that's why your posts are missed. I have all the time in the world (I can't believe I just said that) so I will wait patiently for your next post. Love you--Mom

Mel Sims said...

Always fun to hear from you! I'm so excited about baby #6!!!!! Congratulations!!!! You ARE the greatest mom.

Love you....oh, by the way, I'm writing this from Norway...how's that for cool? Have a merry Christmas. I can't wait to meet new baby!!!

Noah Vail said...

Count me as a major fan, even if you don't grind your own wheat. Many of my friends, upon hearing that you're a home-schooler, ask me if I endorse home-schooling. I simply answer: As long as Alisha is the teacher. Your kids are evidence that even though you may not be perfect yet, you're doing a great job at life's most important calling. Way to go!

Kristin said...

Ha--it always makes me laugh when I hear what people think about me and contrast it with what's really going on. Though in your case, minus grinding your own wheat consistently and choosing to purchase your own live bacteria instead of growing it--your personal and public are actually pretty right on.