Friday, August 31, 2007

A Trivia Lovers Dream Come True -- Google

Anyone who knows me long enough has to endure many sentences which begin with the phrase, "Did you know...?" followed by some piece of random information that my brain just sucks up like a vacuum. As a result, I love to "google." It's so great to be sitting at breakfast and have one of my kids say, "Mom, how long can your fingernails grow?" I look like I am the wisest woman EVER because I quietly excuse myself from the table, dash to the computer, google the question and, voila! the answer effortlessly appears. I return to the table and very nonchalantly answer the question. I love having all this knowledge literally at my fingertips. I think search engines were created by someone like I am for someone like I am.
Some of our recent "googles" have been:

Longest fingernails in the world

Big Bang Theory

Pictures of the Eiffel Tower and the Great Wall of China

The Liberty Bell

Rosa Parks

What have you googled recently? Anything we should check out?


3 comments:

duff said...

Actually, I totally agree. I needed to program my garage door genie and not having done it for a long time, I forgot how so I googled and yup, there were the instructions--I LOVE TO GOOGLE!

Kristin said...

I am googling 24/7, in fact at work they know I'm the go-to for finding something because I'll always just "google it." To be honest, sometimes I goole myself just to see what is out there. Is googling a verb in the dictionary yet? We should google that!

Noah Vail said...

Go Out Online and Get Life's Essential info. So the Factoid Queen has teamed up with Google -- awesome combination.