Friday, July 20, 2007

Just Potter the Crowd

Let's see I homeschool, have my babies in my bedroom, don't scrapbook, and generally go contrary to what the popular culture seems to be doing. However, the boy wizard is calling once more and I will enthusiastically answer. Yes, I will be at Barnes and Noble this evening, with Avery and Addison, reveling in the pre-release activities. Then, tomorrow, I will stand expectantly at my mailbox (to the embarrassment of my husband) waiting for my pre-ordered copy -- which I ordered in February -- of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows after which I, and the other 3 million people who also ordered theirs, will spend the day finding out if Harry lives or dies.
If you have only judged the Harry Potter stories by the movies, I can see why you would stay away. The movies are terrible. J.K. Rowling, while incorporating facets from many great science fiction and fantasy writers really has created a rich and fun world filled with all sorts of interesting creatures. In a time where the bad guys aren't always as easy to spot as say a dark lord and his "death eaters" it's nice to enter a world where good is good, bad is bad and a wand-wielding boy and his friends are out to fight the fight to the bitter end. Go Harry! I'm with you all the way!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Oh man...Dad will be very proud when he reads your title. Even though we were there for pretty much a quick minute, it was fun to be a part of what seems to be a developing historical event! Sounds like F.Y.E. was awesome...go check out your little Potters on my blog.