Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

Women unite! As the mothers of the world we know firsthand the difficulties faced by our children as they try and make their way. We can do something about it. We can provide good and safe homes for our families or for those children with whom we come in contact. We can spend less time worrying about whether or not we're "as good as men" and spend more time becoming "as good as women" can and should be. We can use our innate talents and gifts to create goodness and refuges. We can fight evil and be warriors in a time when it is most needed. The time for weakness is over. The time for denial is over. Women need to reclaim what we have allowed to be taken -- our dignity and our femininity. So, on this Mother's Day I firmly plant my flag in the ground. I hope it waves for all to see. I am here and I am ready and willing to fight for all that is good. I know God will make up for my limitations and that, with Him, I can contribute -- even if it's just defending my own little plot of ground. You can, too. Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Noah Vail said...

What a brilliant idea -- "women becoming the best they can" without comparing themselves to men. Actually, there's no comparison at all; men collectively have to run as fast as we can just to keep pace, if at all. I gave Dody a Mother's Day card that echoed your blog: "Being a mother may not be rocket science, but I'd like to see a rocket scientist try it for one day." Happy Mother's Day to great women everywhere!

Kristin said...

Love it Lish. As I continue to wrap my mind around the true women's lib movement, I appreciate where you are in terms of women, strength, motherhood and femininity. You are a great example for me. Love you.