Monday, July 28, 2008

He Could Sell Popsicles to an Eskimo


I have to give a virtual high-five to my terrific husband who landed a new job within Fidelity Investments! Forty people, most of whom have been with Fidelity longer than Bret, applied for a position for which there were only FOUR slots available. Not only did Bret get the position but he was told he "blew the interviewers away" during his interview!

Bret is a very charming guy and genuinely enjoys talking with people. He is truly interested in what they have to say and is good at drawing them out. This new position involves a lot more sales and I know he'll do a fantastic job. Heck, he charmed me into marrying him and look what I prize I am :)

Anyway, way to go babe! Your family is proud of you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this. Bret is extremely good with people--I am not surprised at all. I am very happy for him. He will now have a chance to strut his stuff.

Kim said...

Congratulations Bret! I am glad he found a job that he is doing so well at. He could charm the pants off a homeless person. (I think you were smitten with him pretty early on, just being stubborn! Shocker! Haha) You are a pretty amazing lady, and he is a great guy. I think you both are great together!

Kristin said...

Yay Bret!!! That's awesome and I do agree you could totally sell ice cubes to an Eskimo.

Suzers said...

This is so exciting! :) I will have to make a special pan of brownies to celebrate! This is awesome!

Mel Sims said...

YES!! I'm doing a happy dance for you! =]

Cranberryfries said...

Nice job Brett! How exciting!