Thursday, October 4, 2007

Part of the "Relief" Effort

If you missed the General Relief Society meeting Saturday I highly encourage you to click on the link and watch it. It was the best one in a long time! Each talk was thoughtful, articulate, and empowering. Even President Monson gave a good talk. He isn't usually my favorite ( I was hoping for Bednar), but he only mentioned one widow and it was appropriate for the context.
I have included one of my favorite quotes from Sister Beck's talk and I hope it will encourage you to read more. It made me proud and excited to be part of such a great and potentially powerful organization. We are more than glass grapes!

"My dear sisters, our prophet, whom I sustain with all my heart, has said that there is a better way than the way of the world. He has called upon the women of the Church to stand together for righteousness. He has said that if we are united and speak with one voice, our strength will be incalculable. I have expressed to him my confidence that the women of this Church will stand strong and immovable in our faith in Jesus Christ and His restored gospel; strong and immovable in upholding, nourishing, and protecting our families; and strong and immovable in providing relief. May the Lord bless us as we do this most essential work of women is my prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

1 comment:

Kristin said...

This was a great session for the women. You can hear the power behind the talks and the realness that what they are saying really does matter and is more than food for thought.